9.09.2009

old...

i looked in my archives. this is what i found...

i suppose i should call my mom tomorrow and tell her i want to change my major, since i've decided this in the past week and a half. she's the one funding my education, so yeah, i should probably talk to her.

i'm thinking i want to do graphic design. i like stuff like that and if i majored in it and minored in photography, i'd be happy. then i would be able to edit and everything. i would absolutely love to learn how to work adobe photoshop and other programs like that.

i had to go look at this art gallery the other day for fine arts, and i liked looking at students' photography. it was really good. it would be cool to take pictures that don't turn out good just because of luck...like in my case.

so, there goes the dream of being a "rich" psychiatrist. it just wasn't working out for me. too much school, too much obligation to patients, too high of a burnout rate, etc...are all reasons why i'm changing my mind. either that or i am just finding reasons to be lazy. doubt it though.

i'm scared of my future. all i really want right now is to live the rest of my life in a place with the people i love. right now, that's anderson and i don't want to live anywhere else but here. it's my home. i don't feel at home in aiken anymore, as sad as that is. i love the place, but i feel out of place when i go home. right now, anderson is home.

honestly, i could care less about career ambitions and stuff like that. if anything, going away to college and making such great friends has taught me that life isn't about getting a degree for a job that will make you lots of money, it's about getting a degree, if needed, in something you love to do, regardless of income, because no matter how much money you make, it's the people in your life who make you truly happy. relationships rather than riches. i'd much rather live my life with my friends than alone in a mansion with no one to share my money with. but i'm rambling.

funny how life just works out how it should, eh? however, i do care about my career more now than i did. psychology was a joke degree. i am so happy i switched!

4 comments:

Ashley G. 10:30 AM  

I feel the exact same way as you. AND, I switched to GD from the same major too :)

lawyerjourno 6:19 AM  

hey I have purchased a domain name ......now I want to go ahead with it.....what are the recommendation from you to have a better design of a current affairs web portal!!

Leigh,  12:38 AM  

money... pshh. i'm glad you're doing what makes you happy!

Anonymous,  5:01 PM  

yes (YES).

getting to see/read this is awesomeness.

and the rest is history...with perspective + your future.

j.

about this blog...

this blog was created by kelly johnson on september 28th, 2006. originally to share with others, just my thoughts, it evolved into a blog for sharing my inspiration and work. enjoy.

blog archive...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP