7.15.2012

dawson...

my ultimate life dream is about to come true in less than a month. no, i'm not getting married or having a child. or buying a house or a car. or working for jeremy cowart. or traveling the globe. I'M GETTING A PUPPY! not just any puppy...a golden retriever puppy. ever since i could remember (probably some time after i saw homeward bound and fell in love with shadow), i've wanted a golden retriever "when i grew up". well, i'm grown now. i have a steady job and my own house. one of my best friends, hannah, breads golden retrievers and she saved the runt of the litter this time for me. i specifically asked for the runt, because my mom used to call me runt when i was a little kid, because i was so small. to make things even cooler, dawson was born on june 29th. the number 29 has been my lucky number for as long as i can remember, at least since the '95 world series when i started to obsess over the awesomeness that is john smoltz. needless to say, i'm overly excited that one of my lifelong dreams will be coming true soon.

i'm going to love dawson so much. (yes, she has a boy name but that's because i've always wanted a golden retriever named dawson but not necessarily a boy dog, so a girl named dawson is how it's going to be.) i'm going to teach her to be the most loving dog in the world, who knows how to fetch and catch a frisbee. august 10th can't get here soon enough. in the meantime, i'll be visiting her in anderson until i can bring her home. i get to see her tomorrow night after work and i can't be more excited because she'll be two weeks old and her eyes are finally open now so she'll actually be able to tell what's going on. she's going to have the biggest family ever, with multiple aunts and uncles, and grandparents. I CAN'T WAIT!


0 comments:

about this blog...

this blog was created by kelly johnson on september 28th, 2006. originally to share with others, just my thoughts, it evolved into a blog for sharing my inspiration and work. enjoy.

blog archive...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP